Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Attention-Defecit in Me

I feel like I have already stopped blogging as soon as I began. I am seriously the worst at starting something and following through. I tried a lot of different activities as a child and nothing stuck. I've started scrapbooks and never finished. I did some sewing and was even good at it and stopped. I tried to knit...and you guessed it never continued or finished. I'm not sure why I do this. I guess it began when I was little and I have never conquered it. I also tend to start many things at one time. I can't focus enough on one task so I will work on one for awhile and then go on to something else. I just go around the house maybe putting away some clothes and not all then maybe empty the dishwasher but I don't put the dirty dishes in the empty dishwasher. It really stinks because even if I get a lot done in a day there may not be anything 100% completed so it doesn't appear that I have accomplished anything. I know when I'm doing this, and yet I can't stop. It's so compulsive. I suppose I should focus on several small tasks that will make the most impact on making the house look clean since it will always be less than perfect. There are those things that aren't immediately noticeable that you can only put off for so long though....like cleaning the fridge. Luckily I cleaned mine last week so now I can focus on some of those everyday chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment